The grand prize winner of the Art is the Weapon Competition is so awarded because it perfectly encapsulates the spirit of The Kittelbach Pirates.
It’s scrappy. It’s messy. It’s not perfect but it’s got an energy that no amount of polish can replicate.
Teenage filmmaker Matthew Edwards of Calthwaite has crafted a maniac masterpiece.
It’s inventive. It’s DIY. It’s PUNK. Edwards, welcome to The Pirates, you jammy salami! Enjoy the comic, the signed copy of the script, the Andrew Tunney print and the original art we will soon be sending your way …
The rest of you, bask in the radiance!!!
The Rat Race to pole position was so close we’ve decided to boost the 2nd place prize! As well as the comic, a signed copy of the script and the Andrew Tunney print, we’re throwing in an original Laughing Indio t-shirt designed by our very own scribbler INDIO.
We dig this like a Normandy trench! Immaculate skills, psychedelic colours…AND A RAINBOW BRIDGE OF ASGARD!
Congratulations, Martin Juaristi from Bilbao, you unruly tyke!
This collage (see? we can be classy when we fucking well choose to be) came in from Anonymous (read: a homicidal maniac). Blinding signed portrait of Pryde and Punch (and is that Pashun down there?) lurking all creepy-like. Dave McKean in the skin of this one. Excellent work, Anonymous, you disturbed weirdo. We love your artings.
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS TO FIND OUT WHO SNATCHED THE TOP SPOTS!
IT’S GAME OVER FOR THE RAYGUN ROADS ART IS THE WEAPON COMPETITION!! Winners and wieners will be announced each day starting tomorrow! We received some outstanding and uncensored brilliance, congratulations to all who participated! You’re all winners…unless you didn’t win. In which case, you’re a loser.
In the run up to release of our deranged little beast, The Kittelbach Pirates are launching a competition for YOU to become a part of this orgy of popular culture. For details on how to enter the competition to win Raygun Roads prizes, read on culture vultures!
Of all the submitted entries, the top three (3) will be selected by our very own Raygun Roads! Here’s what you are fighting for:
- 3rd place: you get the comic
- 2nd place: you get the comic, a signed copy of the script and the Andrew Tunney print
- Grand prize: you get the comic, a signed copy of the script, the Andrew Tunney print and the original art for one of the comic pages of the comic
Raygun Roads by Andrew Tunney
There are (at least) two possible ways to participate in this competition:
- Do your own thing based on the Raygun Roads universe:
- Art and/or Photography
- Write and draw your own Raygun Roads comic strip
- Play with any of the material already out:
- You can remix SUCK ON MY SUPERNOVA (we will even provide some samples: http://raygunroads.com/audio/remix.zip)
- Re-color the following page
Page for you to color!
- Re-draw, re-script, … Whatever you want!
- Surprise us!!!
RULES AND CONDITIONS
- Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for entry submission: October 13th, 2013
- By taking part in this competition, you confirm that you are at least 18
- Winners will be announced no later than October 20th
- Winners will be contacted after the announcement to get the address details
- Winning pieces will be featured on the blog